Oral and facial surgeons are medical professionals who specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases and injuries of the mouth, jaws, face, and neck. They have extensive training and experience in performing a variety of procedures, including wisdom teeth removal, dental implants, jaw surgery, and facial reconstruction.
Here are the top 5 symptoms that you should consult with an oral and facial surgeon:
1. Pain or swelling in the mouth, face, or neck: Any pain or swelling in these areas could be a sign of a serious condition, such as an infection, tumor, or injury. It is important to see an oral and facial surgeon as soon as possible to get a diagnosis and treatment plan.
2. Difficulty chewing or swallowing: If you are having difficulty chewing or swallowing, it could be a sign of a problem with your teeth, jaws, or muscles. An oral and facial surgeon can examine your mouth and determine the cause of the problem.
3. Jaw clicking or popping: If your jaw is clicking or popping, it could be a sign of temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ). TMJ is a condition that affects the joints that connect your jawbone to your skull. An oral and facial surgeon can diagnose TMJ and recommend treatment options.
4. Unusual lumps or bumps in the mouth or face: Any unusual lumps or bumps in the mouth or face should be checked by an oral and facial surgeon. These could be a sign of a benign cyst or tumor, or they could be more serious.
5. Facial asymmetry: If you notice that your face is asymmetrical, it could be a sign of a problem with your jawbone or muscles. An oral and facial surgeon can examine your face and determine the cause of the problem.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to see an oral and facial surgeon as soon as possible. Early diagnosis and treatment can help to prevent complications and improve your overall health.
Book a consultation today at About Face Surgery
If you are concerned about any symptoms you are experiencing, please book a consultation with Dr. Porchia James. We offer a wide range of services to help you achieve your oral and facial health goals.
Call us at 214-705-1660 or visit our website at www.aboutfacesurgery.com to schedule a consultation today.